SCHOOL SAFETY CERTIFICATION TRAINING
ACTIVE SHOOTER TRAINING
Integrity FTC is now pleased to offer School Safety Certification Training to employees of a school district. George Clendenin is a DPS Certified School Safety Instructor per Texas law and GC §411.1901. Our Team at IntegrityFTC will come to your school and provide this DPS school safety training to your administrators, staff and teachers. It is ideal to do this training on location as we can use the actual classroom layouts and building floor plan that the teachers work in every day.
We have been trained by the Texas Department of Public Safety State Troopers and DPS approved curriculum. Only a limited number of Texas LTC Instructors are selected for this training. We will work with your existing security plan and local law enforcement in developing the best plan for your school. This training is very familiar to law enforcement as it is based on Texas State University’s Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT)™ Program.
Course objective: The overall objective of this course is to educate employees of a school district or open-enrollment charter school on the responsibilities related to school safety. Outlined objectives per the DPS provided curriculum are as follows:
- Protection of students
- Interaction of license holders with first responders
- Tactics for denying an intruder entry into a classroom or school facility
- Methods for increasing a license holders’ accuracy with a handgun while under duress
Who is eligible to take this class:
- Current employees of a school district or open-enrollment charter school (teachers, administrators and all staff are eligible)
- School district employees must already possess and current and valid Texas License to Carry.
To earn a Completion of School Safety Training certificate, a student must complete all the following:
- Pass a written pre-test (that tests you on your knowledge of the LTC).
- Demonstrate proficiency with their handgun by passing the LTC Shooting test with a score of 90%. We test you on the range as you did when you first took your LTC class.
- Complete both days of classroom instruction and role-playing exercises (15-20 hours).
- Complete a 120 round Shooting Under Duress range exercise developed by the DPS.
- Pass the final written exam.
Class is limited to 6 students per Instructor per Texas State requirements. Maximum class size is 12 students.
Please call or email George Clendenin at Integrity FTC today to get a date on our calendar for your school training. 979-820-7175.