Integrity FTC firmly believes in the Crawl-Walk-Run method of instruction and learning. We have taken this approach in developing all of our classes, including our Basic Carbine and Defensive Carbine Essentials classes. We offer these courses in both coed and ladies only classes. Contact us if you have a group or team and would like to schedule a private class.
Course Advisor: This course was developed and mentored by our Advisor and friend Dave Liwanig, a 31 year veteran Army Special Forces officer, and former graduate of Texas A&M University and the Corps of Cadets. You may also know of Dave through the TV series Myth Busters, where Dave is the guest firearms expert known as “Sniper Dave”.
Instructors for this Course: ALL instructors for this class have been vetted and trained for safety, skills, and the ability to instruct.
- U.S. Citizens only may take this class, due to ITAR Compliance. We reserve the right to ask for Primary Proof of U.S. Citizenship (examples include a certified Birth Certificate issued by the State, or a Naturalization certificate, or a passport).
- Students must also be able to legally possess a firearm and be a minimum of 18 years of age. Youth classes available by appointment.
Physical requirement: Moderate to mildly strenuous activity. Student must be in good physical and mental health and be able to stand outside for extended periods of time. Must be able to get into prone, kneeling and standing positions.
This course is designed to teach BASIC operation of the AR-15 rifle with an emphasis on short-mid range marksmanship. Basic Carbine is available for beginning to novice students to the AR weapon system. In some advertised classes we also provide the AR and all of the equipment needed. This class is excellent for the new AR owner as well as those shooters who have never challenged their AR skills.
Skill Prerequisites: Must demonstrate safe weapon handling skills at all times.
Basic Carbine – 6 hours.
- Learn the safety rules for handling and operating a AR-15 weapon system.
- Learn the parts and components of the carbine and what to look for in safety and maintenance.
- Learn the cycles of operation of an AR-15 weapon system.
- Learn how to field strip and reassemble the weapon system
- Learn how to field clean the rifle.
- Learn the basics of ammunition and ballistics for the carbine.
- Learn basic operation of the rifle including loading, firing, unloading.
- Learn the basic aiming fundamentals of sight adjustment, sight offset, point of aim vs. point of impact and familiarity of red dot optics.
- Learn to zero your rifle.
- Learn to fire from the benchrest and prone positions.
Defensive Carbine Essentials
This course is designed to teach intermediate operation of the AR-15 rifle with an emphasis on personal defense and short range marksmanship. Defensive Carbine Essentials is only available for intermediate to advanced shooters familiar with the AR-15 weapon system. The defensive ‘essentials’ taught in this class include movement, strong hand and off hand shooting, speed reloading, immediate action drills and more. The feedback from our military community has been highly charged! The round count we offer through this class is more than many veterans and LE have been exposed to in training. This type of training is not available anywhere around that we have seen.
Skill Prerequisites: Must be familiar with the safety and operation of the AR-15 weapon system that includes knowledge and skills of loading, reloading, unloading and make safe, sight alignment and basic marksmanship. Must be able to shoot a minimum 8″ group from standing at 10 yards. Must demonstrate safe weapon handling skills at all times. You may consider taking our Basic Carbine class to meet the basic skills requirement.
Defensive Carbine Essentials – 6 hours.
- Learn the safety rules for handling and operating an AR-15 weapon system.
- Learn the immediate action drill for an AR-15 weapon system. (how to clear a gun stoppage).
- Learn speed reloading (mag change), unloading, and clearing an AR-15 weapon.
- Learn the close range aiming fundamentals of sight offset, point of aim vs. point of impact and the effects of different zeroing strategies.
- Learn the presentation position of low ready and fight.
- Learn movement while shooting. This includes forward, rearward, and lateral movement while shooting.
- Learn strong-hand and off-hand shooting.
- Learn firing techniques of taking single, double and multiple shots on target.
- Learn target acquisition of single and multiple target engagement.
- Learn cadence techniques of distance – time relationships.
- Learn the shooting positions of kneeling and standing, and shooting around a barricade.
Eye protection, ear protection, targets. Extra magazines and gear available if requested in advance.
STUDENT EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- AR-15 Semi-auto, magazine fed rifle. Allowable calibers: .223/5.56, .300BLK (16”,18”, SBR, suppressed ok.)
- 10 mags minimum, (you can borrow a few from us, check for availability ). 30 round mags preferred.
- Ability to carry at least one rifle mag on your belt/body. You may also draw mag from pocket. Battle belts with 2 mag pouches work great for this but are optional.
- Rifle sling. The rifle will be on your body or on a rifle rack at all times once the class begins.
- 450 rounds of rifle Ammo. 55 grain. No AP.
- Hat with bill, long pants, closed toe shoes, no loose collar shirts.
- Eye and ear protection. Electronic ears preferred but not required. (we have a few if you need to borrow).
- Glove for the support hand, rifles get hot.
- Weather appropriate clothing.
- Optional – Chest rigs, tactical vests, (LBE, TLBV) are allowed to hold extra mags on body. Train with what you plan to fight with.
- Optional – knee pads
- Optional but recommended- Dump pouch
INSTRUCTOR NOTE: Plan for Murphy; bring a back-up rifle if you have one, back-up gear, extra batteries for your red dot, extra mags, cleaning kit. Mark your mags with a paint pen or similar means so we know who they belong to.
What Students Are Saying
Awesome and knowledgeable crew!! Enjoyed my first Advanced AR 15 Marksmanship class with them!
I had an awesome time at the AR advanced course. I’ve been shooting for years but now feel so much more comfortable with an AR. The instructors are great and work with you a your skill level. I definitely recommend this to anyone who owns an AR.
Well done by the team of Veterans from Integrity Firearms Training Center! You guys did a great job passing along your years of experience.
I had a great time at the class this weekend and really found some areas where I need some improvement. Thanks for all your hard work.
The training and round count for this class is something that I did not experience even when I was in the service!